A co-mediation is a mediation in which two or three individuals act jointly as mediators in a dispute.
- Broader approach of the issue(s) and the conflict, complementary approach by different mediators;
- Suitable for cases in which a party is not totally convinced that a mediator chosen by the other party is capable of being impartial and independent.
- Higher fees;
- Need for the comediators to get along and work together efficiently.
Pierre Servan-Schreiber has intervened in:
- Two co-mediations in Patrimonial Family Mediations;
- A three-mediators mediation in connection with a class action in the USA;
- A three-mediators mediation in the professional sport industry.
Mediation between business units, subsidiaries, categories of employees, etc. within a single group.
- Helps resolve disputes within groups where recourse to litigation is by definition undesirable or impossible;
- Enables discussions of issues without the constraints of hierarchy or power games within a company or a group.
Pierre Servan-Schreiber was a mediator or a comediator in four intra-company cases which all got resolved thanks to the mediation.
There is no limit to the different kinds of disputes which can be resolved thanks to a mediation.
Pierre Servan-Schreiber was a mediator in matters:
- Between a professional sport league and a prominent team;
- The departure of a large number of partners from a prominent Law firm;
- Regarding the succession strategy with respect to a castle and a winery in France.
- A divorce involving works of art, ownership of trademarks, landmark property, etc.