Based on his 30-year plus experience as an attorney-at-law, member of the Paris and New York Bars, in particular in Mergers and Acquisitions but also in Litigation strategic matters, Pierre Servan-Schreiber has developed a unique mediation practice for corporations and businesses.
Examples of commercial and corporate mediations
- Mediation between a prominent French luxury group and his artistic director;
- Post-acquisition mediation among three large energy groups;
- Mediation among two IT services companies in relation to the performance of a supply agreement;
- Mediation between two computer components manufacturers on allegations of patent infringement and unfair competition;
- Mediation among a US and a South-Korea groups with respect to patent infringement allegations in the mobile telephone industry;
- Mediation between two IT service companies;
- Another mediation among IT services companies in relation to the performance of another supply agreement;
- Mediation between two prominent French luxury groups on allegation of unfair competition;
- Mediation between an US-UK group and a French company in the professional services industry;
- Mediation among shareholders of a transportation group using alternative energy sources.
Commercial and corporate Mediation training
Pierre Servan-Schreiber has received training in commercial disputes mediation and/or was accredited by:
- CiArb, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, London;
- CEDR, Center for Effective Dispute Resolution, London;
- CPR, International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution, New York;
- CMAP, Centre de Médiation et d’Arbitrage de Paris, Paris;
- International Center for Conflict Resolution, Ken Cloke, Santa Monica;
- Equanim International, Paris ; member of the scientific council;
- Court of Appeals of Paris.
- APME: Hauts conflits familiaux.
Publications and Teaching
Publications on commercial training by Pierre Servan-Schreiber
- “Mediation and corporations”, Club des Juristes, Feb 2019.
- “Power Games in Mediation”, Archives of Legal Philosophy, 2019.
- “Meditating over Mediation”, Gazette du Palais, 23 April 2019.
Teaching positions on Corporate and Commercial Mediation
- Professor in charge of the seminar “Mediation, the 21st Century Way of Resolving Disputes”, SciencesPo, 2018-2022.
- Participant in the University program on “Alternative Dispute Resolutions”, directed by Professor Soraya Amrani-Mekki, University Paris X Nanterre, 2018-2022.